Murray State Bank is warning consumers not to fall victim to phishing scams. Phishing attacks use spoofed e-mails and fraudulent websites designed to fool recipients into divulging personal financial data. By hijacking the trusted brands of banks, online retailers and credit card companies, phishers are able to convince recipients to respond to them.
These criminals are capable of sending very legitimate looking e-mails. The most important thing for customers to remember is that Murray State Bank will never ask you for personal information in an e-mail.
To avoid becoming the victim of a phishing scam, Murray State Bank offers the following tips:
- If you have responded to an email, contact your bank immediately so they can protect your account and your identity.
- Never give out your personal or financial information in response to an unsolicited phone call, fax or email, no matter how official it may seem.
- Do not respond to email that may warn of dire consequences unless you validate your information immediately. Contact the company to confirm the email’s validity using a telephone number Web address you know to be genuine.
- Check your credit card and bank account statements regularly and look for unauthorized transactions, even small ones. Some thieves hope small transactions will go unnoticed. Report discrepancies immediately.
- When submitting financial information online, look for the padlock or key icon at the bottom of your Internet browser. Most secure Internet addresses, though not all, use “https”.
- Report suspicious activity to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center.
Murray State Bank offers a BetterWay to:
- Do your banking
- Pay your bills
- Receive and save your statements
Come in and let us help you Enroll in On-Line Banking, Enroll in BillPay, or Sign-up for E-Statements and receive a GIFT!!!
You may not know it, but you have round-the-clock protection against the increasingly savvy perpetrators of card fraud. That's because the cards we issue are protected by FraudWatch®PLUS.
Through an important partnership with Elan Financial Services, we provide industry leading technology, tools and expertise to manage fraud. Experienced fraud analysts work around the clock, watching for any suspicious card activity and will contact you immediately if they detect potential fraud on your card.
So if you ever get a call from “Fraud Prevention Services for Murray State Bank” know that our watchdogs are doing their job and preventing potential fraudulent use of your card. Remember… Murray State Bank or Fraud Prevention Services will NEVER call to ask for personal information.
We will only call to make you aware of unusual use of your card.
Fraud is serious business, and can hit anytime. That is why we are always on guard to detect and prevent fraud from happening to you.
Murray State Bank is dedicated to protecting our customers’ accounts so this service will be free. No need to enroll in this program. You will automatically be protected. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will call us with any questions or concerns.
To report a lost or stolen card after hours, call 1-800-264-5578.